Become a Member
At AGA, we strive to maintain a meaningful and warm relationship with our vibrant and diverse community at all times. Becoming a member of AGA deepens your connection with our organisation and ensures that our aims and objectives continue to be guided by the community itself. Signing up as a member means you will receive:
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Ability to stand for election to AGA’s Board
- Invitations to all our fun and exciting events and activities
- Information about upcoming workshops and educational trainings
- Access to counselling services through our partner organisations
- Updates on the work of AGA
While the membership fee is nominal, there is a suggested minimum donation of $10 (those who choose to opt out of this payment will not have their voting rights secured at the Annual General Meeting). The Annual General Meeting is a valuable opportunity to have your voice heard. As such, becoming a fee-paying member enables you to contribute to and participate in the running of AGA, to ensure that our organisation will always support and engage with our community in the best way possible.
In order to keep the distributed information as relevant as possible, there are two membership streams available to join: General Membership (for intersex, transgender, gender diverse people and their friends, families and allies), and Professional Membership (for social workers, healthcare professionals etc). Please indicate which stream you would like to sign up for (it’s okay to choose both!).