Addressing the housing needs of trans and gender diverse communitiesSpecial Events
This training aims to develop the capacity of homelessness and housing services and/or individual practitioners to provide accessible and inclusive services for trans and gender diverse service users. The session provides opportunities for participants to learn about a range of different topics, including:
- Trans and gender diverse identities
- Inclusive language
- Experiences and impacts of discrimination
- Gender affirmation and referral pathways
- Rights and responsibilities
- Service access and inclusive practice initiatives.
- Overview of LGBTIQ+ homelessness and housing initiatives in Victoria.
The training draws upon the practice recommendations within the Trans and Gender Diverse Homelessness Pilot Project Model of Care Training Resource For Service Providers.